I. The goals of the Association include:
- contributing to constant improving and affirmation of scientific and theoretical thought and practice in the field of criminal law and other similar scientific disciplines that study the issue of criminality.;
- maintaining connections with the members of the Association who live outside the Republic of Serbia in order to achieve unification in the development of theory and practice of criminal law;
- affirmation of law as a profession and science;
- organization of various forms of professional trainings.
- The Association accomplishes its goals through social sciences ( Criminal Law, Law of Criminal Procedure, Criminal Policy, Criminology, Penology and Criminalistics)
II. When fulfilling the goals of its functioning, the Association:
- participates in the preparations for the adoption and in the implementation of criminal legislation;
- organizes, conferences, discussions, lectures and other forms of scientific and expert activities;
- organizes expert debates on the amendments and adoption of some laws;
- initiates the adoption, alterations and amendments of laws in order to achieve a more comprehensive and adequate regulation of some issues;
- issues journal “REVIEW OF CRIMINOLOGY AND CRIMINAL LAW” as well as other occasional expert and theoretical publications in which papers relevant for the development and popularization of criminal law and other scientific disciplines that study ceime as social and legal issue in accordance with the law are published.;
- harmonizes, encourages and organizes the activities of its members;
- promotes and organizes scientific and research activities in the field of criminal law and other similar scientific disciplines.;
- cooperates with relevant state bodies in the process of preparation of laws and other legal provisions as well as on other issues pertinent to the problems treated by criminal law;
- cooperates with international and national organizations and bodies that conduct various activities in the field of criminal law;
- organizes exchange of experience and information and other forms of international cooperation in order to improve scientific thought and practice;
- takes care of expert education and improvement in the field of criminal law scientific disciplines;
- conducts other activities in accordance with it acts and legal provisions.
III. ASSOCIATION’S MEMBERS
- A jurist who graduated at Faculty of Law or any other person who accepts the Statute and the goals of the Association can become its member. The membership in the Association is obtained by a statement of the person interested to become a member that he or she wishes to become a member of the Association.
- Upon that statement, General Secretary of the Association estimates whether the interested person fulfills the preconditions for the membership in the Association and issues a membership card.
- The rights and duties of the members include: active working on the accomplishment of goals, assignments and working programs of the Association; initiating adoption or amendments of laws through the bodies of the Association; being informed on the activities that are conducted within the Association; active participation in conferences, discussions, lectures and other forms of professional activities of the Association; the membership is cancelled by member’s withdrawal or death.
IV. ASSOCIATION’S BODIES
- The Assembly of the Association is the supreme body that governs the Association.
- The Presidential Board is the executive body of Association’s Assembly.
- The Presidential Board is comprised of 12 members, president of the Association, two Vice Presidents and General Secretary. The members of the Presidential Board, President, Vice Presidents and General Secretary of the Association are chosen and substituted by the Assembly of the Association.
- One of the Vice Presidents and one member of the Presidential Board is chosen among the members who live outside the Republic of Serbia. For every 10 percent of these members, one member of the Presidential Board of the Association is chosen among them..
- One member of the Presidential board is chosen among the presidents of the sections determined by the Decision of the Assembly of the Association. The mandate of the members of the Association’s Presidential board, President, Vice Presidents and General Secretary lasts for 4 years and they can be re-elected.
- The Presidential board of the Association can include up to 5 honorary members without the right to make decision. They are chosen and replaced by the Assembly of the Association upon the proposal of the Presidential board. Honorary member of the Association has got the right to participate in the activities of the Presidential board, in accordance with the Statute, fully or upon his initiative, i.e. only in chosen fields and issues, as well as the right not to participate in the activities of the Presidential board.
- Supervisory board of the Association includes president and two members chosen by the Assembly.
V. ASSOCIATION’S MEMBERSHIP IN OTHER EXPERT ORGANIZATIONS
The Association is a member of :
- Association of Jurists of the Republic of Serbia
- International Association for Criminal Law
- International League of Jurists.
- Section for Criminology functions within the Association
- The President of the Section is Professor Đorđe Ignjatović, Full Professor of Faculty of Law University of Belgrade.
- Мore information about the activities of the Section for Criminology can be found here.
VI. ASSOCIATION’S EDITORIAL ACTIVITIES
- As a co-editor with the Institute of Criminological and Sociological Research from Belgrade, the Association issues scientific expert journal “Review of Criminology and Criminal Law”. the association can also issue other occasional or regular publications in accordance with the law.
VII. ASSOCIATION’S SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
The Association can make agreements about the participation in scientific projects in the field of criminal law and similar scientific disciplines with appropriate research and scientific organizations, other organizations an bodies, in accordance with the law. The decision on the agreement is adopted ba Association’s Presidential board.
VIII. ASSOCIATIONS FINANCIAL RESOURCES
The resources for the accomplishment of Association’s goals are provided through:
- Activities of the Association determined by its statute
- Donations and gifts
- Sponsorships and financial subventions
- Participation fees for conferences, seminars and other forms of education in the field of theory of criminal law and practice and similar scientific disciplines
- issuing scientific journals and other publications
- on the basis of contracts in the participation in scientific and research projects
- other sources in accordance with the law.
IX. RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS
The Association gives awards and recognitions to exceptional members for their contributions in the long-time work on the improvement of theory and practice of criminal law and affirmation and development of the Association.